When we feel more empowered, we have the capacity to better stand up for what we feel and need. Try this daily practice to build your inner strength and feel empowered.
- Close your eyes and notice your breathing and the sensations in your body.
- Breathe deeply from the bottom of your stomach for 1-2 minutes until you feel your body and mind relax.
- Connect with your “power” within you by imagining your breathe flowing into the top of your scalp and through your body to the bottom of your feet.
- Think of a time during the last few days where you gave away your power?
- Do a body scan from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, what do you notice? Where does your body feel tired, tender, and sore? Do you have knots in your back or shoulders? Do you have any muscle twitches? Accept anything that arises and turn this into acceptance. What emotions are present: fear, anger, anxiety, stress, happiness, contentment? Welcome these emotions and accept them.
- What is your story and purpose?
- Tell yourself, “I accept and let go.” Let go of this thought so that it has no power over you.
- Now open your eyes and shake it off. Using one hand rub both your arms from the shoulders to your fingertips several times and shake off these negative emotions and feelings, discharging them. Disempower these beliefs that do not serve you.
- Bring awareness to your stomach, find your inner strength and connect with it. Find your talents, your resilience and confidence and start to use them to feel the power in you build. Notice what new and empowering thoughts can you feel right now. Visualise you and your horse as one, graceful and powerful.
As you embrace the rest of your day, come back to these thoughts and embrace them when your resilience starts to dwindle and reconnect with yourself.